- My room comes equipped with the following:
one half-used tube of normal-sized toothpaste
one half-used bar of plain white soap
an economy-sized jug of shampoo/conditioner
a nearly empty bottle of aftershave
one bottle of “control lotion for man”
a pink hairbrush
a pair of brown pleather slippers
a small refrigerator with a set of chopsticks in it
2. The proprietors have thoughtfully provided a bookcase of porn (VHS tapes) in the hallway outside.
3. All of the towels are hand towels
4. The bed is quite possibly just the boxspring.
5. I have not seen a single other person since I got here yesterday morning…even in the lobby.
6. I spend a lot of time surveilling the streetcorner out the window (the only way I can get wireless is to perch my computer in the windowsill).
The end result? I feel a little bit like I’m in a spy thriller.